2016 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon || Introduction




Oh dayum! I am too late to the party! But it really is better late than never, right? Well, I've made some life changing decisions these past few days and it dramatically changed my views and schedule. I can say that I am happier now, though. And my life is a little bit more manageable than... ever. 

So, forgive me and just kindly read on! :)

What’s your name?
Call me Biena - and yes, that's my real name. Some call me Biens or Bien - that is fine, too.

Where in the world are you blogging from?
Philippines!

How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I've been blogging since 2007. Back then, it was just something I'd do to let off steam and share my insights on different things, as well. Book blogging? Well, I am new to book blogging. I've only started last year and I can say that I am inexperience. I decided to open this blog because my personal one has been flooded with nothing but bookish reports and entries and I actually thought of trying my hand in reviewing books. It has been a good experience, so far. In fact, I don't maintain my personal blog anymore. Just this one.

How did you come up with your blog name?
The Library Mistress. I can vaguely remember how. All I know now is I wanted to come up with a name for a blog that hosts or collates e-books that people can download legally, making it a library. :)

What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
Contemporary. I do try to read outside of my comfort zone, though - sometimes! :)

What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
Mostly blitz, excerpts and spotlights. But sometimes rants and thoughts and also, bookish places!

Best blogging experience so far?
I always get invites to different events because of my job, but I never realized that going to an event as an individual - not representing your company - is something I missed!

Favorite thing about the blogging community?
The bookish people! I can't explain how much I adore them!

Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
To tell you the truth: None. I am not so updated recently. Heck, I haven't even finished one book!

Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
Okay. Let me think: One FSJ book will definitely make it this year, by hook or by crook - if I'm lucky, let it be Juan Bacnang. I must finish Janus Silang 2 (Sorry, Egay!). Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell - I need this! Shine by Candy Gourlay. Emma by Jane Austen.

Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Jessica Mastriani of 1-800-Missing by Meg Cabot. 

Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Well, let's see... How about Jessica's boyfriend, Rob? Hahaha. Uh no, I want Chris of Airhead.Oh, scratch that! Peter Kavinsky... ANYTIME!

Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Baking. Singing. Dancing. Writing - things I do when I am much younger. Nowadays, I only do things you see on TV.

Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Paper. School supplies. PENS! More pens!

At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Years ago, it's Ke$ha's TiKTok. Hmmm, now, it would be Clean Bandit's Rather Be.

Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. 
Any Jenny Han or Meg Cabot book! But I am definitely rooting for Jessica Park's Flat Out Love.

What would your dream library look like?
A nice couch with carpet would be nice. Give it to me, then, my library is settled. I already have the books I like - for now.

Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
I don't drink tea so we'll have coffee. Definitely Meg Cabot.


The 2016 Love-a-Thon is hosted by Alexa from Alexa Loves Books, Cee from The Novel Hermit, Hazel from Stay Bookish, and Mel from The Daily Prophecy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Library Mistress Credits: Code by Emporium Digital